Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now!

We all have a common perspective that cooking at home is safe. Of course, we use clean non-adulterated ingredients, and clean cookware items.

But the truth is, many of us fail to understand the health risks linked with the usage of some modern cookware items.

Yes; some of your cookware items in your kitchen are releasing toxins into your food, and slowly killing you without your knowledge.

Modern cookware items we are using are made for quick cooking and easy cleaning. Yes, I’m talking about non-stick and other modern cookware items. But they don’t realize “anything that is quick, and against nature is dangerous!” It’s not

Here, I have made a list of some toxic cookware materials you should never allow inside your kitchen for the sake of your health.

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now!

1. Teflon Coated Non- Stick Cookware

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Nowwidth=
Image Source

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Teflon coated cookware items are popular for stick-free cooking and ease of cleaning.

But these cookware items release a huge amount of toxic chemicals when a certain temperature is reached, especially when you cook acidic foods for long periods. Once it reaches the tolerance temperature, it releases many carcinogenic chemicals that are directly linked to many types of cancers.

There are many other acute health problems like chills, fever, and indigestion can happen from using Teflon coated non-stick cookware. Many

scientists and health experts are clearly against the non-stick for the health risks associated with it.

2. Non-Anodized Aluminum Cookware

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Cookware made of aluminum can cook faster, weighs less, and relatively cheaper than other metals available. But using a cheap aluminum cookware in your kitchen can definitely take a toll on your health!  

Oozing of aluminum into the food items you are cooking is the problem here. Aluminum is not at all needed for your body, and is seriously bad for your health.

Many studies have proved that ingestion of aluminum is closely associated with Alzheimer’s disease. This often happens when cooking acidic foods in the slow burner for a prolonged period of time.

3. Copper Cookware

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Copper is another great conductor of heat, and that’s the reason for its presence in cookware items.

Like aluminum, copper also reacts with acidic foods during cooking and can leach into the food easily when a certain temperature is reached.

An overdose of copper in your diet can lead to reduced production of zinc. Zinc deficiency can lead to immune disorders and many other hormonal imbalances in the adrenalin and thyroid glands.

4. Plastic Spatulas, Spoons, and Cutting Boards

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Health problems associated with plastics is well known. Spoons and spatulas made from plastic can melt instantly when it gets contacted with hot pans.

It is possible that these molten plastic materials can mix into your food and can cause many life-threatening conditions.

Also, plastic cutting boards tend to wear soon; and can send in some plastic pieces into your food during vigorous cutting of vegetables. These plastic pieces are comprised of harmful free radicals that can make you sluggish all day.

Also, the carcinogenic content in plastic can contribute to various types of cancer.

5. A Worn-Out Stainless Steel Cookware

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

Throw These Toxic Cookware Out of Your Kitchen, Right Now
Image Source

It is known that using a stainless steel is much safer than using copper or aluminum.

But do you know using a stainless steel cookware that has many scratches can be bad for you?

Yes, an old and scratched stainless steel cookware can diffuse nickel and chromium into the food when the vessel reaches high temperatures.

Nickel in your food is potentially dangerous and can contribute to several health problems like bronchitis, nasal sinusitis, and many other respiratory problems; while chromium can cause numerous stomach troubles and digestive issues.

So, whenever you are out to purchase utensils and other cookware items, remember to avoid items made of copper, aluminum, and plastics. Also, keep changing your stainless steel cookware periodically whenever you see any signs of wear.

Share with your friends and make them aware of these dangerous cookware items. 

Top