Life’s much easier because we have our mother with us. She wakes me up, she ensures I have food on time and she sends me off to office. Dad on the other hand is the ruler of the house.
Me: Mom! Where’s my tee?
Me: Mom! Where are my shoes?
Me: Mom! Where is my book?
And to dad,
Me: Dad! Where’s mom?
I go to him only when I find out that my mom is missing (winks)
Pizza, burger, doughnuts. Goddamn my taste buds are craving for quite a few things. I was just waiting for my office shift to get over and come home and gobble up some delicious food.
Creaking the gate, I ran inside my home screaming, Mom! Mom! I was so damn hungry and there wasn’t any response. I go to my dad and tell him in despair.
Me: Dad! I’m hungry.
Now it was time for him to take revenge.
Dad: Hi Hungry! Nice to meet you! I’m Dad by the way.
Me: Dad!! I’m serious!
Dad gives me a look.
Dad: I thought your name was Hungry!
Me: Are you kidding me?
Dad: No I’m dad!
And he burst out laughing. I gave him a sad puppy face look and it was quite silent afterwards and he broke it off by saying- your pizza must be home in another 30 minutes! I was so happy, I cannot express my happiness.
I guess these funny food conversations keep happening around the dinner table and it increases the bonding and makes the place lively. Many great authors too had something funny to say about food from Mark Twain to Julia Child, their quotes are quite hilarious.
Here are 21 Most Hilarious Famous Food Quotes of All Time:
1. The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later, you’re hungry again.
Pastas, pizzas and much more. How can you resist something like this?
2. Cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with a college education.
So our cabbage went abroad and decided to get graduated thus he’s been named as Mr Cauliflower.
3. FriEND, BoyfriEND, GirlfriEND, BestfriEnd, FOOD, only food has no end.
Food is immortal. Period.
4. I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday elsewhere.
Oh yes, this is the perfect excuse to gobble up some cake. My birthday? Yes! My dog’s birthday, my cat’s birthday, and everyone’s birthday calls in for some cake party.
5. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand! Wow! Like seriously, is anyone thinking about why not chocolate in each hand? ( winks )
6. Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.
Doctors say vegetables are good for your health and that we must include it in our diet! They never said in what form so why not this way?
7. When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, “Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.”
The kind of excuses we give our self so that you can have a whole pizza for yourself! Crazy isn’t it?
8. I am on a seafood diet, I sea food and I eat it.
Yes, being a foodie, you’ll have to forget the word diet from your dictionary. You’ll be tempted almost all the time to try out everything as soon as you see it!
9. Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Life moves on, save your diet for the future. Just go grab some dessert.
10. Age and glasses of wine should never be counted.
Enjoy your wine, enjoy your food. Nothing is better than this.
11. The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Are you feeling low? Have some cake. Are you feeling bad? Have some chocolate. The secret to everything in life is food alone! Let your food fight for you.
12. Ask not what you can do for the country, ask what’s for lunch.
Umm, I quite agree on this, being a foodie myself I’m more bothered about what’s for dinner as soon as I finish my lunch and I worry about my breakfast for the next day.
13. The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served the family nothing but the leftovers. The original meal has never been found.
Umm, at least none of them have fallen ill. That’s quite a secret recipe.
14. In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.
The picture says it all, why don’t we replace water with beer and wine?
15. My weakness have always been food and men, in that order.
Yea, I agree on this one. Give me food and I shall give you love. Trick to make me happy? Food, food and more food!
16. Promises and pie crusts are made to be broken.
I agree totally on this one – Rules are meant to be broken. What’s the fun in following all the rules?
17. Americans will eat garbage provided you sprinkle it liberally with ketchup.
Ketchup on my burger, ketchup on my pizza, ketchup on my salad! Yea, pop in ketchup over anything and I shall eat it.
18. My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.
Trust me, I can have a huge burger followed by some pasta and desserts. I guess it would have fed almost 3 people but then there are specimens like me out there!
19. I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.
Ha-ha, how about pour some glass of wine and enjoy it while you cook your food?
20. Cheese – milks leaps towards immortality.
So Mr. Milk has drunk the elixir of immortality and thus he’s become Cheese! Quite a story isn’t it?
21. I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regreted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.
This one’s for true, I shall never regret the free French fries I got for my silly dates that never lasted long. Potato is heaven, potato is love.
So this is it guys! I’m sure you would have come across many funny conversation in your lives which might be hilarious than the ones I have written.
Please feel free to share it with me so that even I can laugh a bit at your stories. Please leave in a comment right away and share it across your friends if you found this quite interesting.